Friday, March 1, 2019

Hellooo people!

So today in class we did a group meeting that consisted on sitting with different group members to talk about our ideas that we each have so far. The whole point of this meeting was to be able to obtain some feedback and new ideas from my classmates to improve some aspects of our final project and even settle in one concrete idea. 


In my group they gave me plenty of great ideas on many things I was having trouble with, for example what could I do to create a stronger tension in my audience, and my classmates advice me to put a lot of effort and emphasis on sound effects to create tension and a stronger impact when watching the first scene. 

So after some feedback, I believe I have a more concrete idea. The film opening is going to start by showing some close up of leafs and some dirt, that will set the setting of the forest, the main character of this film will be presented as a mysterious and odd person that is at the forest to bury a body, but the strange thing here is that this character doesn't show any remorse while burring the body, so here is where we give the hint that there is obviously something really wrong with this person. While this is going on, there is going to be a voice over where the character is going to the making excuses and talking about how killing someone isn't a big deal, and that she did it for a good cause.

In the feedback, my peers told me I should present this character with some sort of mental disorder, without giving to much detail about it so that the audience could draw some conclusions. But my partner and I aren't fully sure if we should add this characteristic to our person, because we want our character to be seen as someone normal that no one could ever think she would kill anyone, so if we present her with a disorder, that could be some sort of excuse for her to have committed the crime but we want it to be out of nowhere without having to put a label on the character.

Regardless we are still working on little details about the character and the opening scene, I will keep you up to date with what is going on soon! 


Wish me luck peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment